I have been experiencing difficulties accessing the blog while at school, so it has been a while since my last post. Tomorrow is the last day of school! It will be a full day. We will watch our Shakespeare performances, and will work on our end of the year memory books. We will also hold our in-class awards ceremony.
This week was a bit different. We've been hard at work, but we've changed our approach. Here is what we've been up to in class.....
- Monday was ILLINOIS DAY. We spent the day learning all about the Land of Lincoln. We researched IL symbols, IL geography, the symbols on the IL flag and seal and IL statehood. Students designed a file folder collage to show what they leaned.
- Tuesday was WONDER DAY. We discussed character and theme. Students created a "book in a bag" project in which they reflected upon "the precepts" and the characters. Students created artifacts that represent important story elements and to place inside the bag.
- Wednesday was field day. I am sorry that I missed it! The date change posed a problem.
- Today is MATH DAY. We are working on extended problem solving right now. Ask your child about the Doggy Dilemma problem. This problem involves calculating cost, perimeter and area.
- Please return your ROK cards tomorrow. I need them!
- Would you like me to send you the Shakespeare performance video? If so, send an email to email@example.com